Friday, September 14, 2012

from oil pan to magnetic board


  I saw a cute picture of an oil pan that someone made into an alphabet board.. covering the pan with A to  Z letters... it got me thinking of how I could change up that oil pan to fit into our office area...
 I found an oil pan for 12.00 at for Walmart... when I brought it home my husband was alarmed..
I first tried to cover the board with chalkboard paint..... after a coat or two I gave up, it would not adhere..


so I moved onto the next idea... decoupage...


I used some scrap muslin I had laying around... after this dried I covered with paint and trimmed the edge with twine.



I tried to attach with industrial velcro...  did not work.. so I drilled with crews into each of the corners.. and covered the tips with paint.  Twelve dollar project complete...




2 comments:

{northern cottage} said...

very cool - i like like like like like like like it...a.lot!

hope ellington said...

ooooh....now I'm thinking vintage wallpaper! What a cute idea with some vintage rhinestone button magnets! You got me going Bristol oh I love you so!
XO~Hope